Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My first post

I feel quite excited today to kick start my own blog today. There are lots of experiences i would like to share with people out there and also know about the experiences of other people. Hopefully, i will make a few good friends in the process :).

In this post i will give a brief description of myself. There are lots of topics i will be covering in the days ahead.

I did most of my schooling in Yemen, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah (owing to my father's transferrable job). I was in 8th standard, when i came down to Calcutta with my mom and sister. I finished my schooling in Calcutta. Then i did my engineering in Computer Science (RVCE Bangalore). I got my first job in Motorola as an intern, worked there for 6 months. Then i worked for sometime in Huawei Technologies. My biggest break was when i got into Microsoft and it was a proud moment. I worked there for 6 months when i realised my career was going no where (don't worry, lots of people quit microsoft - getting into microsoft is one thing and working is another). I quit and joined Oracle India, Bangalore and am happily working here for 2 years now.

Thats briefly my life so far, sounds cool and easy, doesn't it? Well far from it, i have faced some of the most trying situations in the last few years and i will discuss them in detail later. I made some horrendous decisions and some good ones, but its all been a learning experience ... something i would like to share with people who are looking to enter work life (especially software) ...

Till then, take care ... adieu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home